Wednesday, June 18, 2008

An Ode to MIEL – ISTI

It was my last day @ work yesterday in MIEL and in all senses i believed i had a great learning experience to have worked with wonderful people around and just to write down what it felt like after working there, i have written an Ode to it which is given below.
My Dept, all the Instructors and above all my Boss played a huge role in whatever i have learned and achieved in MIEL-ISTI. And when i am successful tomorrow; the work, the people and the environment in MIEL will play a definite role.
Apart from my team, my boss and all support staff, there is one person who has made me realize my weaknesses and helped me to overcome them. I would say that if it had not been for Ms. JALPA KOTHARI, the journey would not have been sweeter and better, she was like a mirror to me in which i could see where i am lacking in, she was a true critic who criticized when i was wrong but also appreciated my efforts and felt proud when i did something big !!!
So three cheers to you my dear friend Ms. Jalpa Kothari (I will seperate poem for you) !!!
So, here goes my Ode to MIEL - ISTI
An Ode to MIEL – ISTI

What would a person ask for at the start of his career?
A good Organization, a better team and the Best Boss!!!

Well, am I expecting too much too early? Or is it sounding imaginary to you?
However, fictitious it may sound to you, its true for me as I have got all this right here
in MIEL,
in ISTI
& working
with Ms. Pushpa Redkar

A sales team like a family;
Having members only 3
But, on that, we had no worries
As we were determined to widen our boundaries
And in literal sense we did
When we launched trainings in Pune, Bangalore, Chennai and Ahmedabad

We kept working day In and out
Rarely saw sunset
And rarely knew when moon came out
But that were no issues on it neither was it a big deal for us
As just positive energy was running across us

We had many roles to play at one time
But to do them perfectly was the motive prime
We switched roles; shared responsibilities
But multiplied our joy and success
Always kept a cool head
And worked like 1 thread

No expectations, no boundaries, no limits
We kept cruising at top speed
Managing 3 trainings in a day
We felt the heat of May
But, with an Excellent support from all Instructors and Admin
We certainly knew what we were in

We kept performing quantitatively
And were also upfront qualitatively
Records, Expense Sheet, Material Register, Training Centre Occupancy
You name it, we had it
And to make us happy and to make our day
Appreciation Mails, Awards and Respect came our way
It was amazing to be a part of this journey
Which proved to be an important chapter in the book of MIEL – ISTI

Now, the MIEL - ISTI family has grown to 5 from 3
And with it has come even bigger responsibility
Not just to maintain what we have done so far
But to surpass what we have achieved so far
Having full confidence in the entire team
I wish them all the best in all their endeavors to achieve their dream

The only regret I have currently
Is that I would no longer be a part of MIEL & Especially ISTI Family

3 comments:

jalpa said...

i am honoured!!

i hav told u wat i wanted to thru msg. so i need not say it here again...

Unknown said...

It was Flashback of good old memories which we learned from MIEL and especially from Pushpa Mam. I also agree that she is the best boss to have around.

Merup Kapadia said...

yes jalpa, no probs on this